Sep 8, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Emanuel Yarborough is a former All-American wrestler at Morgan State who is now the most famous sumo wrestler outside of Japan … and, on occasion, a UFC competitor. Here he is in a Pride 3 fight in June, 1998, taking on Daiju Takase. What’s notable here is that Yarborough is listed at 652 pounds, while Takase checks in at 169 pounds, a mere difference of 483 pounds.
So the video below is old, but I haven’t seen it before.
It has kind of a surprise ending, and all in all the spectacle is kind of sad … certainly nothing that anyone associated with it should be proud of. The announcers seem to be having a good time, however.
“Now, you don’t want to have this guy mounted, or side-mounted, on you.”
“I would probably tap as soon as he mounted me. I would freak out.”
“This is horrible, this is like Jaws. This is like Jaws!”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found