Sep 6, 2011, 5:09 PM EDT
[Sportress of Blogitude] Dear God. That is frightening. Anybody with kids (or a troubling affinity for children’s toys) is well aware of Pillow Pets. Typically, the standard issue Pillow Pet is a puppy, or kitty, or a ladybug. You know, cute, cuddly creatures, not sinister-looking NFL mascots that present the chilling, foreboding impression that they come alive when you are asleep and terrorize your family.
For those of you unaware of the Steelers’ mascot, Steely McBeam was introduced prior to the 2007 season as part of the team’s commemoration of its 75th anniversary. His nightmare fuel likeness retails for $29.99, and here’s the misleading description of this abomination on the Pillow Pets’ website …
- Roy Keane Might Finally Have A Reason To Be Frosty. The former Manchester United wrecking ball is supposedly in talks with Iceland to become the nation’s new manager. No, I didn’t misspell Ireland. Roy Keane, former captain of the Emerald Isle, is apparently a candidate to replace Olafur Johannesson, who will step down as Iceland’s coach in a month. How advanced the talks have progressed is unknown, but the Icelandic soccer bigwigs are expected to pick up Keano at the Reykjavik Airport Monday in order for him to take in the nation’s Euro 2012 qualifier versus Cyprus Tuesday. Only problem is, Keane didn’t show up. [Rumors & Rants]
- Dwayne Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul Get Challenged To A Dance Off in China (Video) [That NBA Lottery Pick]
A coward dies a thousand deaths, Blogdome dies but one. Contact: Rickchand@gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found