Aug 31, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
The guy who didn’t delete his twitter account after it was over, that’s who. In today’s fast moving world of social media, it’s possible to conceivably engage most every celebrity if your words are sharp and cutting enough to make their eyes perk with anger or intrigue. And rising comedian Joe Mande took advantage of this by going after self-proclaimed comedian Gilbert Arenas, who used his twitter to make crude jokes about women and how little he respects them.
Key word: USED. Because Mande stomped Arenas out on the internet by highlighting how Arenas’ last 25 twitter profile pictures were all images made by a gang of hard-working third graders with Photoshop on their computers. Mande also noticed that Gilbert had taken down most of the offensive tweets he used to spout tens of times a day. His speculation:
My guess is, Gilbert got a call from his agent sometime this weekend, who said, “Hey Gil, would you mind deleting that tweet you wrote about how you kick women out of your bed when you’re done having sex with them? And the other one about how you want those women to drive themselves home after you’re done having sex with them, even if they might be drunk, because you’re too busy sleeping alone in your king size bed? Oh, and also the one about the box of stolen female toiletries you keep in your bathroom? Actually … just delete all the tweets you’ve ever written ever. Is that cool? Thanks, buddy.”
Gilbert Arenas likes to remind his followers that he’s a comedian. If you’re offended by his words, he says, then you are stupid and can’t take a joke. I understand that sentiment 100 percent. The thing is, I’m pretty sure Gilbert Arenas is not a comedian. I may be wrong, but I don’t think he’s ever actually gotten up on a stage and told jokes. If he is a comedian, he’s a comedian the same way I’m a basketball player. Meaning, I’m a terrible basketball player. (Currently, there is only one professional basketball player/comedian and his name is Ron Artest/Metta World Peace.)
Gilbert didn’t take kindly to this slight, responding with cutting barbs such as, “the funniest thing u said in the article was ur a comedian” and, “so i was write that the no talented joe mande wrote it.”
Good thing Arenas wasn’t bragging about his sparkling grammar usage.
And then Arenas deleted his twitter. Now we’ll never get to figure out the answer to this question: If Arenas took the Wonderlic today, you think he’d overshadow Terrelle Pryor?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car