Wakeup Call: Hey everybody, Caroline Wozniacki and Rory McIlroy are about to make out in front of the Yale football team
Aug 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Forgive me for just getting to this, but I wasn’t around this weekend and anyway, I’m always the last to hear about the hot campus love affairs. Here’s Caroline Wozniacki about to celebrate her semifinal win over Francesca Schiavone (7-6 (2), 6-3) on Friday with a sloppy makeout session with golf’s Rory McIlroy — in front of the Yale football team, no less. Pictured is the approach, and linked here is the follow through. Smoooch! (suction cup sound). Unfortunately the Associated Press photographer decided to stop shooting just as they kissed (nice work, Ansel Adams). Either that or his lens fogged up.
Wozniacki went on to win her fourth straight New Haven title, 6-4, 6-1 over Czech Petra Cetkovska on Saturday in a match delayed 14 minutes by Hurricane Irene. Quote:
“I just have a good momentum every time I play here,” she said. “The balls are good. The tournament is nice.”
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while being Catholic …
- If there’s a hurricane during a major golf tournament, my money’s on Dustin Johnson.
- Raiders retire JaMarcus Russell’s number. Wait, what?
- Texans’ running back Arian Foster thinks you people are sick.
- Sorry ladies (and you, sir), Jimmer Fredette is off the market.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Panel 4: They kiss.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found