WNBA player’s boyfriend files restraining order against her: ‘My private area was throbbing from the pain’
Aug 24, 2011, 10:03 AM EST
Dating a WNBA player? Be prepared for the occasional knee to the groin. Jantel Lavender played for Ohio State and was the fifth pick overall in the WNBA Draft for the Los Angeles Sparks. No way that gets her in the news, but this does: In an altercation with her boyfriend recently, Lavender abused the lad so much that he filed a restraining order against her, according to TMZ. The boyfriend, Adam Ashley, claimed in court documents that Lavender “grabbed my head and slammed it into the wall. She grabbed my neck and was choking me.”
Ashley claims it wasn’t the first time Lavender got violent with him — alleging she also tried to choke him during a fight in June. During that altercation, Ashley claims, “While I was grabbing for her hands she kneed me in the growing [SIC] area. My private area was throbbing from the pain.”
Jantel has been ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from Ashley until the next court hearing.
Nothing worse than a knee to the growing area.
The Los Angeles County Superior Court date is Aug. 30.
And this has been your Wednesday edition of Ohio State Buckeyes in the news.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found