Aug 22, 2011, 12:06 PM EDT
While Obama golfs away his troubles in Martha’s Vinyard, Joe Biden is busy sporting a flappy smile as he kicks Mongolia’s butt in all of their most treasured sports. To prove to the world that old white dudes from Delaware can hang with the big dogs as well, Biden squared off with a Mongolian wrestler twice his size, and then spent some of the day apparently aiming a bow and arrow at a nervous cameraman who probably had it run through his head how many twitter followers he would gain if he were to be shot with an arrow by the Vice President in Mongolia. I’d say 700.
I don’t know if that Mongolian wrestler knows that Biden has a slew of secret service agents sworn to protect him at any costs waiting for even the slightest form of aggression, but somebody should probably warn him now. Not a fair fight.
Vice President Joe Biden tries his hand at archery as Mongolian Prime Minister Sukhbaatar Batbold, second from right, laughs during Mini-Naadam staged in Biden’s honor in Ulan Bator, Mongolia, on Monday, Aug. 22. Biden hailed the United States’ growing ties with Mongolia on a rare visit to the Asian nation, which is opening up its vast coal reserves to foreign investors.
Biden left last Tuesday for a tour taking him to China, Mongolia and Japan. The multifaceted trip has so far seen stops in Beijing and Mongolia with upcoming stops in Tokyo, as the country recovers from the earthquake and tsunami.
Biden ‘takes on’ wrestler, practices archery in Mongolia [MSNBC PHOTOBLOG]
Biden: Mongolia ‘A shining example’ [UPI]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found