Aug 19, 2011, 5:18 PM EDT
Charles Barkley feels your pain, Tiger Woods. Barkley, master of the deep woods, lord of the hook, commander of slice, Bad Golfer In Chief, feels pity for Tiger’s game. That’s when you know you’ve hit rock bottom.
Barkley visited XX Sports Radio in San Diego with Scott Kaplan and Vencie Glenn, where the bulk of the conversation hovered over Tiger for some reason. Barkley:
“I just feel sadness right now to be honest with you. I hate to see him struggling. To be honest with you I almost started crying last week. I was up at the Basketball Hall-Of-Fame watching that Friday afternoon before the ceremony and when he snap-hooked that drive into the woods, chipped out, snap-hooked the other ball I was like wow! What the hell? I feel bad. He was a great friend of mine, I still love him to death, I wish him the best, and like I said I talked to the guy every week for 15 years and we haven’t talked to him since the accident. Clearly he’s not alright and I just feel sadness for him to be honest with you.”
Barkley also said that he doesn’t believe Tiger deserves to be on the President’s Cup team, that Tiger still doesn’t return his texts, and that he had no idea about Tiger’s infidelities, even though the two spent a lot of time together.
“Listen dude I would never get on here and tell you that we didn’t know that if we knew it. We had no idea. If Hank Haney and Steve Williams didn’t know it and they spent 300 or 200 days a year with Tiger, how are we gonna know?”
Tiger Woods’ Swing Nearly Brought Charles Barkley to Tears [Sports Radio Interviews]
Charles Barkley: Tiger Woods Struggling Almost Made Me Cry [Huffington Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found