Aug 17, 2011, 6:41 PM EST
LeBron James may be plummeting on the Forbes list of most influential athletes, but he’s near the top on another list: Worst celebrity tippers. LeBron, apparently, makes Scrooge McDuck look like Santa Claus … a fact I did not know. At least that’s according to Miami New Times, which compiled a host of Worst Tipper lists from other sites and publications and came up with a Worst Ten.
Some are not so surprising (No. 5, Jeremy Piven, once left a signed Entourage DVD as a tip). Some kind of are (No. 3 Barbra Streisand? No. 6 Usher?).
But who is the worst tipper of all? The answer may not shock you.
1. Tiger Woods came in number four on Zimbio’s scrooge compilation and was cited on every single list. The reason he doesn’t tip: The man worth more than $500 million says it’s because he never carries cash. The Frisky reports Tiger dated “a gal in Las Vegas who had to tip for him whenever they went out.” And according to List of the Day, Tiger once “pulled a mulligan on a $5 tip, repocketing the money meant for a waitress after realizing he had tipped her earlier in the evening. He was possibly distracted by the $10,000 hand of blackjack he was playing.”
Top Ten Cheapest Celebrity Tippers:
1. Tiger Woods: Claims he never carries cash.
2. Madonna: Once left an $18 tip on a $400 bill.
3. Barbra Streisand: Famous for leaving $10 tip for $457 tab.
4. LeBron James: Didn’t ever get tipping talents, left $10 on an $800 bill.
5. Jeremy Piven: Left signed Entourage DVD as tip.
6. Usher: Once left his autograph as a tip.
7. Mariah Carey: Famous for diva demands and no tips!
8. Sean Penn: Left $0 on a $450 tab in New Orleans.
9. Bill Cosby: Once left a $3 tip on a $350 bill
10. Rachael Ray: Promotes less than 20 percent tip on her show.
Considering all the money and effort spent by both Tiger and LeBron for charity, I think that them being on this list isn’t such a big deal. Of course I might feel differently if I were a waiter or a bartender.
Top Ten cheapest celebrity tippers [Miami New Times]
Tiger Woods Regains No. 1 Ranking … For Tightwad Tippers [The Dish]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found