Aug 12, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
Pretty soon CJ Wilson will refer to Oakland as “That city where I keep getting carjacked and everybody throws rocks at me.” This is because he has just informed the Fort Worth Star Telegram that in his expert opinion, everybody in Oakland sucks, and he hates everything he sees there. He also reveals that he doesn’t care that all of the Athletics hate his guts because he’s totally, like, Texas for life, man.
“I hate pitching there,” Wilson said. “The mound sucks. The fans suck. There are no fans there. The fans who are there are really adamant, but sometimes you’ll go there and there’s 6,000 fans. I just wish the fan base supported them a little more.”
Wilson seems to think a new stadium would help bolster the fan base and make Oakland a place teams like traveling to a little more. But the weather, which can turn cold at night, also isn’t a Wilson favorite.
“So, you don’t have to worry about me signing there in the off-season,” Wilson said. “The players on their team hate me. Whatever. I don’t care. We’re rivals.”
And he hated Moneyball!
RANGERS PITCHER C.J. WILSON ON OAKLAND: ‘THE MOUND SUCKS, THE FANS SUCK’ [Sportress of Blogitude]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found