Aug 9, 2011, 7:34 AM EDT
He called Giants relief pitcher Ramon Ramirez an “illegal alien” on Twitter, quickly deleted it, then offered a clumsy Facebook apology. And for his sins, Fox Sports Radio host Tony Bruno has been suspended for one week by the parent company, DirectTV, which owns the show.
In case you haven’t been following this, here’s our coverage. Yes it’s a slap on the wrist, but this is standard operating procedure with big media companies. Bruno’s bosses will see if this blows over during the week’s suspension, and if it does, that’ll be the end of it. If it doesn’t — if minority rights groups continue to put on pressure that he be fired, for instance — then he might get canned.
At any rate, this will give Tony more time to supervise the X-Men.
Meanwhile, Shane Victorio, who was hit by a Ramirez pitch and touched off a benches-clearing brawl on Friday to start this whole thing — was suspended for three games by MLB. No Giants were suspended.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Play Video: Chara bleeds after being struck by high-stick
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Still no media for Manti
- Play Video: An early whistle takes goal away from Kings
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins comeback to win Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks even series with Kings