Aug 4, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
So Spider-Man’s new secret identity is … Tiger Woods? (See him unmasked following the jump). You be the judge. It’s inevitable: At some point, every comic book superhero dies. It’s not because they’re all mortal (it even happened to Superman), it’s because new versions of old heroes generate new storylines and boost sales. And such it is with Spidey, who apparently bites the dust in Ultimate Spider-Man No. 160 and is replaced by a younger version. But this new Spider-Man, say some, has an uncanny resemblance to a certain golfer who has been know to enjoy multiple women partners not his wife. That’s the word on Twitter, anyway.
@TweenAuthor: Is It Me Or Does New Biracial Spider-Man Look Like Tiger Woods …
RT @Deconstructor1: Did you know that Tiger Woods is the new Spider-Man?
@CNN: Behind Spider-Man’s mask: a new, multi-racial face. http://t.co/6eNwsDs” – @SouthSquatch Tiger Woods as spiderman what the hell.
@Jmansays: Spider-Man takes his mask off to reveal he’s Tiger Woods. At least that explains his absence from the golf course over the past few months.
@bukowskisbaseme: Wait…Tiger Woods is the new Spider-Man? Nothing better than a superhero with a mistress.
The Marvel Comics issue unveiling a new Spider-Man for the Obama-age — a half-black, half-Latino nerd named Miles Morales, is shown in this handout image released to Reuters on August 3, 2011. The new Spidey, who lives in Brooklyn, was revealed in Marvel Comics’ Ultimate Fallout Issue 4. He replaces longtime comic-book favorite Peter Parker, who was white, hailed from Queens and was killed in Ultimate Spider-Man Issue 160 in June.
Wait, or is it? (Caution: Some NSFW language).
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found