Aug 3, 2011, 10:09 AM EST
At least they’re saying it was a TKO. What do you call it when you take off your boxing glove to give the finger to the crowd — twice — and lose the fight when the cops arrest you for it? That’s what happened to Brock Aleksich, who was fighting Bobby Moreno in a Butte, Mont., Club Boxing match when the crowd started getting on his nerves. So he did the normal thing: he flipped them off.
Brock Aleksich was boxing Bobby Moreno in an outdoor ring in Butte Thursday night when people in the audience started chanting Moreno’s name.
The police report says the 36-year-old Aleksich removed his gloves during a break and made the obscene gesture.
Police officers went to Aleksich’s corner and warned him not to make the gesture again or he would be arrested.
But the boxer allegedly did it again during in the next break. Boxing staff escorted Aleksich out of the ring and turned him over to officers.
The Montana Standard reports Aleksich faces a possible disorderly conduct charge.
But this story has so many other great elements:
- The boxing match was part of Butte’s Evel Knievel Days celebration.
- From the Billings Gazette: Aleksich appeared to be clowning around before the fight by dancing and flexing his muscles. He wore a T-shirt during the fight that had “Suck my Obama” written on the front.
- And in the least surprising element of this story, here is Mr. Aleksich’s Facebook page. Hahahahaha.
Nobody tell Mr. Hand.
Butte boxer arrested during match [Billings Gazette]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found