Jul 30, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
For those of you that say NFL punters and kickers are not athletes by any sense of the word, you might want to watch the below video featuring Indianapolis Colts kickoff specialist/punter Pat McAfee and change your stance on that.
McAfee shows off the power and strength of his leg by kicking field goals from the absolutely insane distances of 65 yards, 70 yards, and the last one being from the mind boggling distance of 75 yards which smashes the NFL record by a full 12 yards:
Some people believe that the video might be faked since we never truly see the ball trajectory as it goes through the uprights but if you’re asking McAfee, he says that there was no trickery involved.
Video: Pat McAfee kicks 75-yard field goal [Eye on Football]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found