Jul 27, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Eugene Emeralds (Class-A Northwest League), a Padres affiliate, actually had a promotion called “Blue Balls Night” last month. (Don’t ask). And the festivities would not have been complete I guess without their mascot, Doug Fir, getting kicked below the tree line by a Little Leaguer during a game of musical chairs.
So unfortunate. Just be glad it wasn’t Getting Hit In the Head With an Ax Night.
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed due to the bratwurst assault …
- Reporter asks question about Andrew Luck’s beard at Pac-12 Media Day.
- Former Heisman Trophy winner is auctioning off his Heisman ring.
- Today in Fake Sports: Stanley Cup Lauded For Work With Developmentally Disabled Trophies [The Onion]
- Current bid on ball kissed by Marilyn Monroe: $15,000.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Goose: “I’m not so old. I’m 37.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found