Jul 25, 2011, 6:05 PM EST
Compared to other incidents in the stormy professional life of Mario Balotelli, this was a walk in the park. Albeit a backwards walk. Watch now as the Manchester City player blows an easy chance against the LA Galaxy in a preseason game — mainly because Balotelli turns around and attempts to kick the ball in with his heel. It’s like Terrell Owens trying to catch an easy touchdown pass between his knees. It did not go well. Balotelli was benched by manager Roberto Mancini.
From Deuce of Davenport:
Balotelli throwing a “vaffanculo” at City manager Roberto Mancini? That’s a benching. He ended last season starting a fight with Manchester United players after City’s FA Cup win, cursing on TV in his post-match interview and getting smacked down in a club after hitting on some guy’s girlfriend. If this is his pre-season, we can’t wait until the Premier League kicks off.
Mario Balotelli in danger of wasting talent, says Nigel de Jong [Guardian.co.uk]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found