Jul 17, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
From what I know about art history, it sometimes takes months or even years to put together a quality portrait or painting. However, if you’re French artist Jean-Pierre Blanchard, you only need about four minutes to complete the job.
Last week, Blanchard did the work at the Swiss Venture’s Club Entrepreneur Awards in Zurich, Switzerland and the painting was then auctioned off subsequently. The quick-draw work was bought by the Ernst and Young accounting firm for a grand total of 16,100 francs.
All the proceeds from the painting went to Roger Federer’s Foundation which helps children in Africa:
Roger Federer’s 4-Minute Art Project [Tennis X]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found