Jul 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Its official: Filipinos love it when Kobe Bryant dunks. I mean really love it. Bryant was only supposed to be one of the coaches in an exhibition game in Manila as part of a Nike promotional tour in Asia, but decided to play for the UAAP All-Star team at the last minute.
Wait, is that Jack Nicholson in the front row?
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
‘‘We realized that the falafel doesn’t belong in McDonald’s,’’ Omri Padan, chief executive of McDonald’s Israel told the news website Ynet …
- Weather conditions at the U.S. Open should be comically brutal.
- Why Shanghai swimmers shun pork dumplings.
- Brockton Rox to offer “the world’s most expensive hot dog” — an $80 frankfurter with truffles and caviar.
TODAY IN RATHER AMAZING BACKHEEL GOALS
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found