Jul 11, 2011, 11:04 AM EDT
In honor of the final installment of the Harry Potter series of movies (the first one was released before these players were born), the Fresno Grizzlies (Triple-A, Pacific Coast League) wore these unis for their game on Saturday. Grizzlies players and coaches wore jerseys designed to look like a Harry Potter school uniform, which were auctioned off after the game. The best part? Brandon Belt — on rehab assignment from the Giants following a wrist injury — had to wear one.
It wasn’t quite as bad as a former Grizzlies promotion, however.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found