Jul 9, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Ah, baseball. The great American pastime where some of the greatest promoters of all-time used their wit and wisdom to drive people to the ballpark.
Last week, the minor league St. Paul Saints were celebrating the Central Corridor Light Rail project and what better way to celebrate it by giving it a zombie theme:
The marketing managers at Midway Stadium are showcasing their trademark humor by giving Thursday night’s St. Paul Saints game a zombie theme in honor of the Central Corridor Light Rail project.
What’s the connection between the living dead and light rail construction? A statement from the Saints indicates the zombie theme is meant to be ironic, as “University Avenue is Alive!”
The evening is an apparent rejoinder to those who say light-rail construction is leaving small businesses along University Avenue half dead, despite the efforts of city officials to offer select parking improvements and up to $20,000 in no-interest loans and grants.
Hopefully, Woody Harrelson wasn’t confused by the title.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found