Jul 8, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
Oh, this will go over well. Just when the controversy over homophobic slurs in sports seemed to have quieted down for the summer, here comes the Eagles’ DeSean Jackson stirring things up. Jackson appeared on the Sirius XM All Out Show on June 30 and received a call from ‘Troy from Tennessee who said something about Jackson getting his “d*** knocked in the ground.” Jackson’s reply:
“What kind of question is that? Say ‘no homo’, gay-a**. Fa***t.”
Audio recorded by Brian of DCFanatic.com. CAUTION: NSFW language throughout:
What makes this kind of tragic is that Jackson made headlines in February for coming to the aid of 13-year-old Nadin Khoury, a Delco, PA, kid who had been bullied in school. Among other names, his tormentors had referred to Nathan with homophobic slurs.
Well DeSean, you’ve stepped in it now. Want to call Kobe for some advice?
DeSean Jackson makes gay slur during radio show appearance: report [New York Daily News]
Video: Eagles players surprise 13-year-old bully victim on The View [Off the Bench]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte