Jul 7, 2011, 12:09 PM EDT
The Fourth of July has come and gone (still have all your fingers? Good), yet the Dirk Nowitzki/Dallas Mavericks NBA Championship lovefest continues. Note this awesome development as reported by Germany’s Spiegel Online:
SPIEGEL: Did any German politicians call to congratulate you?
Nowitzki: I think that (German Chancellor) Angela Merkel called my adviser. I’m not totally sure. But do you know what made me the happiest?
Nowitzki: Muhammad Ali sent me a package.
SPIEGEL: What was in it?
Nowitzki: A boxing glove with the inscription: “You are the greatest.” Please don’t ask me immediately about the political meaning of the gift. I was simply happy and sent Ali a golden basketball with a similar inscription.
How great is that? Dirk can wear them while playing the drums.
Dirk Nowitzki Gets Signed Boxing Gloves From Muhammed Ali [That NBA Lottery Pick]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found