Jul 6, 2011, 1:08 PM EST
NASCAR isn’t offering an explanation, but Paige Duke, aka Miss Sprint Cup, was canned on Tuesday, which happens to be a short time after a racing blog unearthed revealing photos (no, not these here) of her when she was a student at Clemson. Dolts! How can NASCAR not know a great promotional opportunity when they see it?
Not much of an explanation on Duke’s Twitter page either, except for this post:
Anybody wanna hire me? I’m apparently a fantastic multitasker… Hahaha yfrog.com/h3lazcfj
From SB Nation:
The web site CaptainThunderRacing.com posted the photos on Saturday. The graphic photos – apparently privately sent by Duke for private purposes – emerged on an anonymous message board earlier in the week, and users posted more pictures on Wednesday afternoon.
Hit your local search engine if you want to see them. I’d classify the photos as tame, yet certainly NSFW, or home, depending on who you live with.
Duke has been Miss Sprint Cup since the beginning of the 2010 season. Her dismissal was announced on the Miss Sprint Cup Facebook page thusly:
Hey fans, Paige Duke is no longer with the Miss Sprint Cup team. We wish her nothing but the best in her future endeavors. Thank you for your continued support of the Miss Sprint Cup program as we continue to bring you closer to the NASCAR action each and every week.
And that’s been NASCAR’s only “explanation.” Weak? Appropriate? You be the judge.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found