Jul 6, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
“I regret nothinggggggggg …!” On Tuesday Dave “The Bullet” Smith was shot out of a cannon from the infield at LeLacheur Park and sent 195 feet over the center field wall for what the Lowell Spinners are saying is the first ever “human home run.” The Spinners have been promoting this stunt since February, and apparently it went off without a hitch.
Still uncertain: Where did he land, and on what? Bed of hot dog buns? Roof of SUV? Lake? Someone who was there please advise.
Most interesting revelation from Smith: “I have 11 kids and six cannons.”
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while bathing nude on the subway …
- The Pirates are 45-41. The last time they’ve been four games over .500 this late in the season was 1992.
- Larissa Riquelme is again threatening to pose nude if Paraguay wins a soccer tournament.
- Only 11 days until the Oakland A’s MC Hammer Bobblehead and ’80s day!
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
“Now, if you step a little closer to this ledge you can see better. No, a little closer …”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found