Jul 3, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
Former three-time Wimbledon champion Boris Becker has been commentating at Wimbledon for the past couple weeks and doing a solid job at it. However, once Wimbledon ends for Becker, he’s going to have to deal with something not having to do with the world of tennis.
Becker has been trying to sell his Spanish Villa in Majorca, Spain but is having an issue before it has even gone on sale. The gardener of the estate is claiming that he still needs to be paid for his work:
The German tennis star has been prevented from selling his £15million property following a row with his gardener, who claims Becker owes him £246,000 for the grounds’ upkeep.
A court in Palma had decided to hold the debt against the villa, meaning that if he does not pay up, it will be claimed against any eventual sale. Becker confirmed there was an ongoing dispute but said he would appeal against the court’s ruling.
“There is a lawsuit and we are fighting it,” he said. “They wanted more money than they were supposed to get. It is my house and hasn’t been taken.”
This isn’t the first issue that Becker has had regarding the villa and it’s just one of the long list of things that has happened during it’s refurbishing:
Last October, Becker agreed to pay around £36,000 to an architect in an out–of–court settlement while a building firm employed to carry out repairs to the property is also claiming more than £430,000 in unpaid bills, according to the Mallorca Zeitung, the local German–language newspaper.
Becker has two other homes in Switzerland and the United Kingdom, but it’s the one in Spain giving him all the problems at the moment.
Boris Becker’s latest defeat on grass…At His Spanish Villa [Telegraph UK]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte