Jul 2, 2011, 6:00 AM EDT
After blowing his second consecutive save opportunity in a week, San Francisco Giants closer Brian Wilson was not too happy with his pitching performance against the Detroit Tigers last night as he left the game with the bases loaded in the bottom of the ninth inning.
So in typical Brian Wilson fashion he decided to rage on something. That something ended up being a Gatorade bucket in the Giants dugout that unceremoniously thrown on the ground and then beaten with a bat by the bearded closer:
Brian, will you have a hard time watching yourself attack the drink bucket with the bat on television?
“Why should it be difficult? I squared it up.”
Is your right hand OK? You seemed to flex it after hitting the wall with the bat.
“My hand is fine. Ask the wall.”
“Fear the Beard”, Indeed!
Brian Wilson Meltdown Video [Larry Brown Sports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found