Jun 29, 2011, 11:10 AM EDT
As CNBC’s Darren Rovell first reported on Twitter, Tiger Woods has a new endorsement! It’s for the Japanese company Kowa, to endorse Vantelin, a topical anti-inflammatory cream for muscle pain. Commercials will begin running in Japan next month, which means we’ll have plenty of YouTube satire videos with fake voiceovers, I’m sure. Like the one below that I somehow missed when it first came out.
Remember when Gillette, Gatorade, etc. were clamoring to hitch their stars to Tiger’s wagon? Then they ran for cover? Woods has had no new endorsement deals since his sex scandal began in late 2009. But he’s back, baby! Just call him Mr. Sparkle! For best happy fun wash, get Vantelin topical anti-inflammatory cream! Can we do any less? Bloomberg:
Woods will be an “image character” for the company’s Antiphlogistic Analgetic Vantelin Kowa series of products, the Nagoya-based company said in a press release. A television commercial with Woods will debut in Japan in mid-July, the company said.
Closely held Kowa didn’t disclose terms of the agreement in its release. Mark Steinberg, Woods’s agent, declined to provide terms in an e-mail.
Red Sox pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka, who had Tommy John elbow surgery and is out for the season, is also a Vantelin Kowa spokesman.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found