Jun 29, 2011, 4:22 PM EST
It was a mighty throw indeed, and I’m wondering, couldn’t the Cubs use this guy? It was Game 1 of their doubleheader with the Giants on Tuesday, and Tejada had just yanked a solo homer to left to make it 13-7 Giants. Unamused, this Cubs fan who caught the ball immediately chucked it back, with the ball landing in the infield on the fly, nearly hitting Tejada between second and third. Impressive.
Giants TV announcer Mike Krukow agreed, going so far as to rate the throw on replay. The ball eventually rolled toward the Giants dugout, where someone gave it to Tejada.
Tejada receives home run ball [MLB]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found