Jun 28, 2011, 5:26 PM EDT
At what point is something like this just considered piling on? Has ripping LeBron James jumped the shark? Not if you’re the Peoria Chiefs, who held their gala LeBron James Championship Ring Replica Night on Monday. The team made good on its promise to hand out replica Miami Heat 2011 NBA championship rings, which of course means that they gave out nothing at all. But that didn’t stop them from erecting this display in the concourse (and this one … ha), or one fan from holding his hand out to the TV camera to show off a naked finger where the ring would be.
Making Something Out of Nothing [Ben's Bliz Blog]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL