Jun 25, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT
I put the word “debate” in quotation mark in the headline because as a basketball-obsessed child of the 90′s, the notion of any player with no rings and a glaring lack of competitive spirit (joining up with your rivals? Pshhh) being compared favorably to MJ is about as ludicrous as saying Miracle Whip is better than mayo, or is even a palatable and non-toxic replacement in a condiment emergency.
Of course that didn’t stop Jordan’s former running mate and second-banana Scottie Pippen from recently drawing the ire of Chicago fans and reasonable observers everywhere by saying during the 2011 playoffs that Jordan was the better offensive talent but LeBron the best all-around player. It seems as if Mr. Pippen has had some time to think about it (or perhaps just got tired of being skewered for it, or having Mike not return his calls) because he’s now changed his tune:
“The comments that I made were basically giving LeBron some props as a player, not to dismantle any player like Michael. We all know that he’s the greatest player that ever played the game.”
I believe that’s called a mulligan. Scottie Pippen for President, 2012!
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found