Jun 22, 2011, 6:39 PM EST
“I’ll take ‘suggestive sports trophies’ for $500, Alex.” Behold the 2010 Army National Guard Combatives Championships third-place trophy, which because I’m about as emotionally mature as a seventh-grader, is now my pick for the funniest trophy of all time. Wonder what you had to do to get first place? (Sorry).
As The Slanch Report points out, this wasn’t even legal in 2010, when they were still operating under Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. Apparently whoever was in charge of this tournament saw the final design for the trophy and decided not to ask.
And to Staff Sgt. Jacob Torrez, whose trophy this is, I take it all back. Please do not crush me into a fine powder.
This trophy looks mildly suggestive [The Slanch Report]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found