Jun 22, 2011, 10:01 AM EDT
Even in 1999, when Rory McIlroy was only nine, people were making comparisons between him and Tiger Woods. Of course they had no way of knowing then that Hardees waitresses and porn stars would be such a big part of the equation, or no one would have mentioned it. But the Irish were sure they had a star on their hands.
This vintage clip, from something called the Kelly Show on UTV, shows young Rory chipping a golf ball into his mom’s washing machine, which they transported to the studio for the segment. Also, you may find the host a little creepy.
Tiger had his Mike Douglas TV moment, Rory had his on Irish TV. Will the parallels continue?
Rory McIlroy as a child prodigy chips balls into washing machine [Irish Central]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found