Jun 18, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
Well, long after everyone has forgotten what a “Roberto Luongo” is, the real stars of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals turns out to be the kissing couple from the riotous Canadian aftermath that befell the lovely city of Vancouver following Tim Thomas’ red-white-and-blue stoning of the Canucks in Game 7.
As you no doubt by now know, the couple consists of 29-year-old Aussie amateur comedian Scott Jones and Canadian college student Alex Thomas, and blah blah blah, they were 2 people who happened to find themselves being photographed while locking lips ironically in a surrounding scene of violence. It’s not exactly a serviceman making out in Times Square following V-Day, but for this generation, it will have to do.
How “hey, cool picture!” morphs into these people actually being interviewed as though they accomplished something, I do not know, but you can nonetheless see the “iconic” young lovebirds in a different kind of action below as they complete their exclusive interview with CBC. What’s Canadian for “slow news day”?
I don’t speak Australian so I have no clue what the bloke involved was saying, but it seems as though Ms. Thomas was “upset,” and then due to the magical kissing powers of that romantically-accented boyfriend of hers, she wasn’t. So glad we cleared that up.
As the clock ticks away its last few minutes of fame for this particular couple, we wish them well and hope this is all a story they can bore their grandchildren with one day.
In the meantime, if Alex Thomas wants a little more exposure out of all of this and maybe even a little cash, I know a certain child-factory looking for a fight.
Let no man tear asunder what Off the Bench has brought together.
Couple kisses during Canucks riot [Yardbarker]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final