Jun 16, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
Yeah, this video is pretty hard to watch, but it should be noted that the victim escaped seemingly without serious damage. The video centers on a couple of storefronts in the heart of the Vancouver riot, and we see a couple of men try to dissuade the throng from breaking the windows. But the mob begins shattering glass anyway, causing this one guy in the black shirt to run in and try to wave them off, as he yells “This is my city!” OK so far, but then he tries to fight back against the sea of louts, who surround and begin beating him. Damn, it’s Lord of the Flies.
The mob begins pummeling the guy at about the 3:06 mark.
The Canucks have to be really happy with all of these images of mayhem and destruction being perpetrated by people wearing their team gear.
Anyway, next year we may get a chance to see what a Vancouver riot looks like after their team wins. From Bodog.com:
Odds to win the 2012 Stanley Cup:
Vancouver Canucks … 5/1
Boston Bruins … 8/1
Washington Capitals … 17/2
But seriously, unlike Kevin Bacon in Animal House, the guy in the black shirt should get a medal or something.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found