Jun 14, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
In case you can’t quite make it out, that’s a hot dog holding a St. Paul Saints pennant as a Twitter bird takes his picture. Of course the smart money was on the Saints to come out of the gate first with an Anthony Weiner promotion, and the American Association Independent team did not disappoint. The Saints will hold their gala National Hot Dog Day on Saturday, July 23, when the first 1,501 fans 18 and over will receive a commemorative pair of Tweeting Weiner Boxer Shorts. Will the gentleman yield for a question? Yes, for a question.
What else can I win?
Photographic evidence (and police records) show they come in all shapes and sizes, and can be sent across the world via cell phones and the internet. Of course, we’re referring to the Annual Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest held annually on July 4. Two lucky fans will have a chance to win round trip tickets to the July 4, 2012 contest. In order to win, fans can tweet a photo of their best-looking Weiners (from the grill) to @StPaulSaints. Twitter accounts hacked into will be ineligible initially. On July 23, the photos will be shown on the Saints video board and fans will choose a contest Weiner.
During the evening, the Saints will have their very own Tweeting Weiner, as Master of Ceremonies Joe Wiener (seriously, that’s his name) will send out tweets and twit pics during the night from the top of the third base dugout. It is expected that following the game, Saints fans will encourage Wiener to resign.
National Hot Dog Day with Tweeting Weiner [St. Paul Saints]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found