Jun 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
So let the record show that the first goal to be scored at KC’s Livestrong Sporting Park was struck by a cow. It was the inaugural game for Sporting Kansas City at their new $200 million facility on Thursday, but they could only sputter to a scoreless draw with the Chicago Fire. Finally, one fan had had enough, and decided to take things into his own hands. Um, I mean hooves.
If wonder of that was the same guy responsible for this?
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
Headline of the day so far: European Court Says France Needs More Hamsters …
- Wade, James mock Nowitzki’s illness before Game 5.
- ESPN’s Bob Ley reads Jay-Z lyrics. Blow The Whistle, yo.
- Wayne Gretzky’s son drafted by Chicago Cubs.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
“And by perfect, I mean an incredible waste of time.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found