Jun 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Naming your boat Titanic II before taking it out on its maiden voyage to do a little fishing? You’re just begging fate for this, aren’t you? Here’s Mark Wilkinson, 44, in the harbor at West Bay, Dorset, England. Somewhere, the band plays “Nearer my God to thee.”
“If it wasn’t for the harbormaster, I would have gone down with the Titanic,” Wilkinson told The Sun. “It’s all a bit embarrassing — I’m fed up with people asking me if I hit an iceberg.”
More photos here. Don’t worry: his heart will go on.
Fun fact: We’re coming up on the 100th anniversary of the sinking if the real Titanic (April, 1912).
ABOUT LAST NIGHT
What you missed while attacking Slabby the giant ice cream cone …
- It’s time to play, Cricket Test Match Double Entendres!
- Barkley: Miami Heat have “the worst fans.”
- Warner Bros. may alter Hangover II dvd to edit out Ed Helms’ tattoo due to lawsuit.
TODAY IN MARK TRAIL …
Crime was different in the ’70s.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found