Jun 7, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Here’s what we needed. A little smack talk to spice up this NBA Finals. because frankly, I was getting bored. Some quotes from Dallas’ DeShawn Stevenson, via Art Garcia of ESPN Dallas, on those hardwood thespians known as the Miami Heat:
“They’re great actors and they sell it,” Stevenson said Monday afternoon. “That’s what they’re supposed to do.”
The Mavericks’ struggles guarding James and Wade through three games of the NBA Finals are only heightened by their acting, Stevenson added. Miami leads the series 2-1 going into the second of three games at American Airlines Center on Tuesday night.
When it comes to James and Wade flying through the lane, Stevenson said the Mavericks’ tendency to send a message is muted.
“We’ve got to take hard fouls,” Stevenson said, “but if you touch them they’re so dramatic you might get a flagrant 2.”
Excellent gamesmanship by Stevenson going into a Game 4 at home that the Mavericks absolutely have to capture. At any rate, things are about to get a little more physical, which means we could see a final score in which neither team tops 80 points. That will be, um, fun.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found