May 31, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
This has not been the greatest of years for the Dodgers. There’s been the scandal of stadium violence, fire in the stands, McCourts in court, dads casting aside daughters to catch foul balls … not to mention that the team itself kind of sucks. And as if a metaphor for all of this was ordered from, well, Hollywood, there’s this: It seems that Vin Scully’s Hollywood star has been nearly covered up by a local night spot.
A haunted local night spot.
The Dodgers blog Vin Scully Is My Homeboy, appropriately enough, made the discovery about the star while recently taking his young brother-in-law on a tour of Hollywood. While perusing the different star markers on the Hollywood Boulevard Walk of Fame, they came across this: Vin Scully’s star obscured by a soiled entrance carpet to the Vogue supper club. We’re not sure exactly what goes on in the Vogue now (they advertise a restaurant and “performance art”), but it used to be a fancy movie house in the 1930s.
VSIMHB author Roberto Baly attempted to complain to the owners of the Vogue about this, but couldn’t find anyone in the building. Which leads us to something we discovered. Not only is the Vogue a rather dingy supper club, but it’s also one of the most haunted buildings in the world, according to the International Society for Paranormal Research.
Before the Vogue Theater was built, it was the site of an elementary school and a textile factory which both burned down. These tragic events have caused ghostly activity.
A rundown of creepy, ghostly stuff purportedly experienced at the Vogue:
- The ghost of “Fritz”, who died of a heart attack in the projection room in the 1980s, supposedly rattles around.
- Another ghost is “Danny”, who worked as a maintenance engineer at the Vogue. He died of a drug overdose in the 1980s.
- The spirits of six children from Prospect Elementary School which burned down and their teacher, Miss Elizabeth, have been identified by many people.
- The apparition of a little girl skipping up and down the aisles has been seen on many occasions.
- Men have claimed to be pushed out of the way when they have going up the stairs.
- Ghosts of movie patrons have been seen when the Vogue has not been open for business. Seats go up and down for no apparent reason.
- Some people have detected the smell of smoke from a fire.
So the problem with the Dodgers is clear, at least to me: Vin Scully’s star has been installed on the site of a haunted theater, which has covered the Dodgers symbol with a dirty rug, triggering all manner of bad voodoo. This curse will not be lifted until something is done about that star. For God’s sake, at least shampoo the carpet.
I got upset when I saw the Hollywood Star of Vin Scully [Vin Scully Is My Homeboy]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show