May 27, 2011, 12:09 PM EDT
As you know, Jose Canseco is now manager of the Yuma Scorpions North American League (Independent) baseball team. And it’s nice to see that he’s using his new power wisely. Canseco, who has become obsessed with Lady Gaga, recently tweeted that he wants to meet her. And so, he has declared May 30 as Lady Gaga Night at the Scorpions’ home field. Yes: Jose is using his team’s PR department to meet girls.
The Yuma Scorpions are pleased to announce that on Monday, May 30th it will be Lady Gaga Night at Desert Sun Stadium in Yuma as the Scorpions face the Chico Outlaws. Yuma Scorpions manager Jose Canseco, inspired by Lady Gaga and her music, has invited the singer to attend. In addition all Little Monsters (the moniker by which Lady Gaga dubs her fans) and Lady Gaga dress/look alikes will be admitted at no charge. At the end of the game, Jose Canseco and his brother Ozzie will judge the fans with the best Lady Gaga outfit and the winners will receive dinner that night with the Cansecos at the fabulous Cocopah Casino buffet after the game.
Wait … I didn’t know that this involved dinner at the fabulous Cocopah Casino buffet! I take it all back.
On his Twitter page on Thursday, Canseco fired off a series of tweets about Lady Gaga, writing in one that he would “marry her in a second.”
If there is a comedy god, I pray before you: Make this happen.
From Us Magazine:
Canseco — who once dated Madonna — further explained his admiration during an interview with KYMA-TV in Yuma. “I am the biggest Lady Gaga fan ever. I just think she tells it how it is, she says she’s born that way, you have to accept it, and that’s all there is to it. It’s very simple.”
And what a catch this would be for Lady Gaga, eh? The hottest thing in pop music landing her an ex-kickboxer with plenty of debt who now manages a minor league baseball team.
Canseco, by the way, is now in the win column as a baseball manager. The Scorpions won last night, although I can’t find the score anywhere.
Jose Canseco Begs Lady Gaga to Marry Him [Us Magazine]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Highlights: Burkman shocks Fitch
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Highlights: Rask shuts out Blackhawks, 2-0
- Play Video: Does 'Hard Knocks' make sense for Bengals?
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: The Hype: Beckham to the NFL?