May 24, 2011, 10:02 AM EDT
Is Michael Vick secretly planning to build the Philadelphia Eagles into a team of ex-prison inmates? Gary Myers of the NY Daily News wrote that the Eagles are interested in Plaxico Burress, who is due to be released from prison on June 6. Vick, talking with Anthony Gargano and Ike Reese on WIP in Philadelphia, said he approves.
“Absolutely it would be a great addition for our team. I think with the guys we have now I think we can fit him in and make it work. Obviously the ultimate goal at the end of the day is to put that ring on your finger at the end of the year.
“I think certainly Plaxico is going to come out with a chip on his shoulder the same way I did and he’ll go out and help this football team to whatever capacity he can. I think the guys would be willing to embrace him and bring him in. If that happens? Who knows? We talking about “what ifs” now? It would certainly be a good thing.”
Here will be a typical Eagles game in 2012.
You can listen to the interview here.
When you think about it, Plaxico is on the same boat as everyone else in the NFL: just working out on his own and waiting to hear if the season will start on time. The only difference is that at the end of the day, it’s difficult to get to Taco Bell.
But the more interesting comment by Vick on WIP was this, about not making the cover of Madden 12:
“I think it would have been cool to be on the front cover, but at the same time like I said sometimes god doesn’t give you everything all at once. Maybe that would have been too much.”
Yes, God was definitely behind the decision over who would be on the cover of Madden 12. Because just try and pry him away from his video games on a Saturday afternoon.
Michael Vick On Philadelphia Signing Plaxico Burress: ‘Plaxico is going to come out with a chip on his shoulder.’ [Sports Radio Interviews]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead