May 23, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Even though she has never won a WTA singles title and rose no higher than No. 8 in the world, I still consider Anna Kournikova the best player in the history of women’s tennis (please don’t bother me with your “statistics” and your “facts.”). She is also the finest export Russia has ever produced, if you don’t count Yakov Smirnoff (I don’t), and actual Smirnoff (I do). Anyway, since we’ve always been your finest source for Anna Kournikova news, here you go:
Anna Kournikova will be the sports trainer for the next season of ‘The Biggest Loser USA’, reports x17online. Kournikova will be relocating from her $9 million house in Miami to Los Angeles for her new job.
So, anyone in the market for a house once owned by Anna Kournikova?
Kournikova has been out of competitive women’s tennis for the past eight years (a back injury is the main reason), save for an appearance in the Ladies Invitational Doubles at Wimbledon in 2010. So it’s about time she showed up on a reality show. And as TV executives are about to find out, there is nothing like a hot babe wielding a paddle-like instrument to motivate people to lose weight. Get ready for ratings domination, NBC.
Anna Kournikova To Be ‘The Biggest Loser’ Trainer [ContactMusic]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles