May 19, 2011, 4:47 PM EST
Brand it like Beckham! Sure, he may have a baby girl on the way, but that doesn’t seem to stop this father of three sons’ entrepreneurial gears from turning: David Beckham, alongside business partner Simon Fuller (who’s behind the American Idol franchise), is planning to launch a bodywear line and a new men’s fragrance this year, Women’s Wear Daily reports.
The much-anticipated line of underwear will be Beckham’s first branch into branded apparel. The 36-year-old soccer star has been the face and body of Emporio Armani underwear for the past four seasons, an experience to which he considers a catalyst to wanting to start his own. [US Weekly/MSNBC]
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Is Embarrassing Himself. While he is likely one of the top two or three centers in NBA history, Kareem has always lacked something that came easily to Jerry West and Magic Johnson: charisma. … [Rumors and Rants]
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Is a Totally Rational Thinking Person. [PineRiders]
- Tyson Chandler on Dirk Nowitzki’s Monster Game 1 Performance: ‘You guys couldn’t do a layup drill and make 36 out of 39.’ [Sports Radio Interviews]
- I asked Matt Kemp’s agent about contract situation. His shocking response. [Vin Scully Is My Homeboy]
Blogdome is a Quinn-Martin production. Contact: Rickchand@gmail.com.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found