May 18, 2011, 12:31 PM EST
When last we saw Kimbo Slice, he was playing Bludge on the Nickelodeon special Merry Christmas, Drake & Josh (curiously, this was not pay-per-view). Oh, and then in May 2010, he lost to Matt Mitrione via TKO and was summarily cut from UFC. Well, Kimbo Slice is making a comeback, fools. And he’s only going to face the top (NFL) fighters! And then it’s on to iCarly!
“I’ll tell you right now on the air, I’ve called Mike Riley to get in touch with Ray Edwards’ people and I’ve made an open challenge to come fight Kimbo Slice. That fight I will deliver,” former EliteXC vice president Jared Shaw told MMAWeekly Radio.
“If Ray Edwards wants to step up and fight Kimbo Slice I will deliver that to the public. There’s two guys that come from athletic backgrounds, that haven’t been in the ring that many times, so let’s see two big boys bang it out. If Ray Edwards thinks he’s a great boxer, then maybe he thinks he can go through Kevin Ferguson very quickly.”
Edwards (6-foot-5, 268) is collecting a little money during the lockout by
riding bulls taking on some boxing matches. He’s scheduled to fight against former kickboxer T.J. Gibson on Friday.
“Some people will call it a circus, but you can call it whatever you want,” Shaw said of a possible fight between Edwards Kimbo. “It’s two guys who are willing to get in the ring and bang it out. I don’t really call that a circus.”
Is this what it’s come to? NFL players as fodder for MMA comebacks? Get this thing settled, Roger Goodell.
Now Kimbo Slice wants to box an NFL player? [Cagewriter]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found