May 15, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
By Ben Chew: Yesterday was the third round of the PGA Tour’s Players Championship at the TPC Sawgrass which saw nearly fourteen players compete for the lead. It’s not often that you get to see a turtle out on the golf course, but one intrepid shelled amphibious reptile decided to make an appearance near the sixteenth hole in the beginning of the day.
Later on, the turtle decided to go near the water hazard on the 16th and take a little dive into the aquatic deep below it:
Another version of the video here.
Personally, I would give it an 9.0. It lost a point because it landed shell first.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Sagan wins Stage 8 of Tour of California
- Play Video: National anthems gone wrong
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Pujols losing battle with Father Time?