May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EST
Clinton, Ohio resident Connor Echols, 14, plays for the Cincinnati Flames in a 14-under baseball league. A teammate had the idea to invite Reds’ second baseman Brandon Phillips to a Flames game on Thursday, and so Echols did just that, via Twitter. And holy crap, Phillips showed up. The two posed for this photo as proof to the world. The Flames rewarded Phillips with a healthy offensive show, winning 13-2.
Here’s a Twitpic of Phillips and the whole team. Needless to say, Phillips is a hero in that neck of the woods these days.
UPDATE: Good story on Phillips’ visit in the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Now, Connor, let’s discuss some of the other messages I saw further down on your Twitter page. You have some explaining to do; I’m afraid you’re grounded for two weeks, with no cell phone.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found