May 11, 2011, 10:01 AM EDT
This never happened on Hubert H. Humphrey’s watch. It has to be a first in Minnesota Twins’ history since at least 1981: a game delayed on account of hail. It happened on Monday as the Twins played the Tigers, and the best part of the video below is actually the title: ‘Alexi Casillo Witnessing Hail.’ And he is mesmerized by it. The next video could be entitled ‘Justin Morneau sees a dinosaur.’
But, as the Australians would say, that’s not a hail storm … THIS is a hailstorm.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Orb has a great chance to win the Preakness
- Play Video: NBC Sports Live Extra tutorial
- Play Video: Best putt ever?
- Play Video: Can Orb defy odds by winning Preakness?
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2