May 4, 2011, 11:03 AM EDT
Good news: Everyone’s favorite former New York Jets sideline reporter will soon be back on TV. Um, you do get Fuel TV, right? I know that you were worried that Jenn Sterger, once the subject of forbidden Brett Favre cell phone desire, would never get another TV gig after all that sexting commotion. But fear no more: the former Versus host will be the ringside reporter for two one-hour kickboxing specials entitled Hometown Throwdown, taped last month and set to be shown in June on Fuel TV. It’s her first TV job since the Versus sports program The Daily Line ended this past November.
From the New York Post:
The two FUEL specials were taped in LaCrosse, Wis. early last month and feature amateur, blue collar fighters and tough guys — including construction workers, butchers and cops — brawling for prize money and the coveted Hometown Hero title.
Sterger’s agent, Mark Turner, confirms that “Jenn has also had discussions with a number of media companies and has been in talks about a variety of opportunities.” He declined to say if she’d gotten any offers.
What is this FUEL TV they speak of? Well, their PR department describes it as “Fox Sports Media Group’s dynamic entertainment and sports network for young males.” Hometown Throwdown, airing June 3 and 10 at 10 p.m. ET/PT is described thusly:
In this fun night of entertainment, tough guys from around America, and all walks of life, compete in a “come one, come all” fight contest at the Wisconsin Rumble. Fighters battle in three one-minute rounds. No professional fighters, just average hometown guys slugging it out in a boxing style fight with kicking included. Everyone is vying for their two seconds of fame and glory.
Good luck, Jenn!
Jenn Sterger host of fight show on FUEL [New York Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires