May 2, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
Be advised that if you’re planning on running a marathon in Cincinnati in the nude, you’re going to be Tasered and arrested. That’s just how life works.
Very entertaining account from WDTN-TV:
Thirty-five-year-old Brett Henderson of St. Paris in western Ohio faces charges of public indecency and obstructing official business. Police tell media outlets he refused to stop running during Sunday morning’s Flying Pig Marathon, so they halted him with a stun gun.
Henderson’s mother Lee said Monday that he had borrowed a pair of running shorts from his father, but they kept slipping down as he ran. She says he kept running without shorts because he was determined to complete the race he had trained for.
Well, of course. Who wouldn’t?
Henderson defended his actions to the Urbana Daily Citizen:
“In fact, running naked was encouraged in a marathon I ran in San Francisco, so I don’t know why this was such a big deal.
Henderson said he tried to tie his tank top around his waist, but that didn’t work out.
“It was too short to be a belt … all the other runners were supportive and kept encouraging me to continue, so I was running naked,” he said. “It was cold and rainy, so I wasn’t exactly proud of what I was showing.”
And, the money graph:
Henderson, a Graham High School graduate and former state wrestling champion, was pictured in the Daily Citizen on April 15 representing Solar Power and Light of Miamisburg in a new energy venture with the village of St. Paris and its South High Street well field.
Your move, Nike.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found