Apr 28, 2011, 11:50 AM EST
You may remember Engel Beltre from a 2010 incident when, while playing for the Bakersfield Blaze, he touched off a wild brawl while in the middle of a home run trot. Now playing for the AA Frisco Roughriders (like the Blaze also a Texas Rangers affiliate), Beltre is back with a new, fun method of displaying his emotions. On Tuesday he threw a garbage can into the stands in protest of an umpire’s call.
Fan’s reaction: “Beer guy never comes to my section, but this I get.”
Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said water bottles were thrown on the field by fans and a plastic garbage can was thrown into the stands from the Frisco dugout. Daniels confirmed it was thrown by Beltre, the only player suspended by the league. “It is definitely not something we condone,’’ Daniels said. “It is a black eye for all involved.’’
The Rangers are considering sending the suspended 21-year-old center fielder to Surprise, Ariz., for extended spring training work, Daniels said.
That little nugget of information in the sentence above should end all trash-can throwing in baseball for the rest of eternity.
Rangers minor leaguer gets trashy and suspended by Texas League [Lewp's Weblog]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found