Apr 22, 2011, 11:07 AM EDT
Sam Robson is quite insane, and should be institutionalized. He’ll be easy to catch, having just completed a 125.2-mile run, of which only 26.2 was officially sanctioned. Robson, 28, finished the London Marathon on Sunday in three hours and 45 minutes … then decided to just keep going. He ran to his home St. Ives — a distance of 99 miles — in 25 hours and 15 minutes, making his total run 124 miles in 29 hours. And that’s not including the fact that he had to stop at checkpoints every seven miles.
Robson’s fiancee, Jen Sykes, also 28, said that she was “kind of amazed that he made it,” adding that “Sam has never wanted to do things by the half.”
Robson, who was diagnosed with epilepsy as a teenager, used his run to raise at least £3,246 ($5,315) for the UK Epilepsy Society.
I could do that. If I had a good pair of running shoes, and the time. And an iPod. And a car.
Man runs home after first marathon [Fox Sports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found